Wednesday 3 September 2014

Transition Haul (Fashion)

I can't believe its already September. This year has flown by and I'm so excited because Autumn in one of my favourite seasons in terms of fashion. For and oily skin its a total blessing too as the fall in climate reduces how oily the skin gets. This summer has been amazing however when it comes to fashion I love to layer my items, something which is a lot easier to do in the colder months. Although I'm trying to save before heading to university next month, I have managed to pick up a number of new clothing items and accessories and I really like all of them. Therefore, I felt now was the time for me to do the first 'haul' on my blog. Those of you who are new to blogging may not know, but a haul is a collection of new purchases being talked about in a blog post or video. I also managed to grab quite a few bargains so maybe you will all pick up some tips from this post on how to shop on a budget. 

The first item that I purchased was a beautiful 'plaid' or flannel shirt from TkMaxx. Although the material isn't very thick, its very soft and comfy and i think it will be perfect for layering over T-Shirts and under leather jackets, etc. I also think that it is very appropriate for this transition stage between summer and winter as the colours are quite autumnal, dark green and a very dark plum. The pattern is also much smaller than any other of my flannel shirts so it will make an outfit look totally different. Shirts like these are essentials for a wardrobe as they can add to an plain outfit and make it a bit more interesting or trendy. Also a tip for anyone shopping on a budget, go into TkMaxx. Everything is so reasonably priced and often designer but reduced to a ridiculously good price.

The next item was an absolute steal from River Island. This is my new over-sized tartan print T-Shirt. It was in a very big size as it was the only one they had left but I love how the material hangs on me and it will definitely come in handy if I have eaten a lot and I'm trying to hide the belly. I don't know how much this was originally but I managed to get it for £10 in the sale which is an amazing price. Tartan is also quite a autumnal print so it suits the new season very well. That is always a top tip for low budget shoppers, search the sale rail because you never know what you will find!

The next item from my haul is a longer length basic red top from TopMan. I really like again how oversized this is and the length gives it a really different look to anything else that I own. Because it is so thin/sheer it will be perfect as a base layer for any winter outfit, but also amazing next summer to wear with shorts and converse as a really light and easy casual outfit. I'm extremely tempted to pick this one up in some more colours. My next tip for shoppers looking to save is to check online for discount or promotional codes. I managed to get 20% of this top and the hat from my TopMan order just from having a quick search to see if any discount codes were active for the month of August. The discount made these items much more affordable and I just had to pick them up. 

The next item is also from the above mentioned TopMan order. Hats are something I really struggle with as I have quite a large face and big hair so I tend to find beanie's and most other hats reduce the volume in the my hair so much that they make my face look massive, basically I don't like hats. However a couple of weeks ago I was in town with a friend and tried on a fedora and I really like the way it looked on me. I went onto TopMan's website and ordered the biggest one I could find and i absolutely love it. I am still working out how to style it and I think I want to invest in a smart wool coat for winter as that combination would look pretty cool I think. I am really excited to style this piece in the fall, I also got 20% this hat using the same discount code as I did for the top. Bulk buy when ordering if you can to avoid to much postage costs. 

The final item I am going to mention is this haul is my new obsession, my suede boots. These were from TopMan and, let me tell you, they were a steal. Oirginally £60 down to £25, down to £20, down to £15 and then student discount brought them down to £13. I think this shows that shopping in the sales can save you a lot of money and its something that I have always done ever since I started buying my own clothes years ago. I couldn't afford them originally but for that price I could easily. They work with everything I own and are an amazing alternative boot to my beautiful Doc Marten Chelsea boots. 

I hope you all enjoyed today's blog post. Hopefully you either saw something you want to buy, or you were inspired for fall fashions, or you learnt some tips on how to save your money when you shop. I really enjoyed writing this and I think that Sunday's post is going to be another style profile so look out for that I can wait for you all to see it. Hope you all have an amazing day and share the post with all your friends. (p.s. I used my new camera to take the photos for this post and I'm in love with it so let me know what you think) See you Sunday.X




No comments:

Post a Comment