Sunday 24 August 2014

Style Profile - Ruby Agate


Hi everyone, last Sunday I posted my first style profile which was of my friend Chloe. The response and popularity of that post was mad. So many people read it and the feedback was really positive. I also really enjoyed writing that post so it made me really excited about the possibility of doing more style profiles. That leads me on to today's post. I had a really fun chat with my gorgeous friend Ruby Agate about fashion and beauty and created a style profile for her. The way these posts work is that  I will informally interview various members of the public, starting with my friends, about their favourite products and shops, as well as any other fashion and beauty related question I feel that I could not answer myself. Ruby has AMAZING style and is one of my closest friends so I hope you enjoy this post. 

Q- What is your favourite high street shop right now?

A- Zara, their collections always contain classic and timeless pieces that can be dressed up and down with the seasons.

Q- Very good choice, I'm a huge fan of Zara Menswear! What's your latest fashion purchase? 
A- My latest purchase was a khaki duster coat from New Look. I love it because it's simplistic and clean cut. It also helps to smartly pull together an outfit if I'm in rush!
Zara!

Q- What is your favourite item of clothing, generally. What could you not live without? 
A- My favourite type of clothing is definitely jeans. Blue, black, white. They're my second skin.

Q- Now slightly more specific, what is your favourite item in your closet?
A- My favourite piece that I own is probably my AQAQ dress that I wore to prom. I don't know when I'll get to wear it again but I think it's beautiful!


Q- Very good choices!!! I have never heard of AQAQ before! need to give it a look! Do you have any other less well known brands that you really like to shop at?
A- Not particularly less known brands, I'm pretty loyal to Topshop and other high street stores. I think All Saints has gorgeous pieces.

Q- Oooh I love All Saints, they have such amazing basics, I think you would really like Brandy Melville, they have just come over to the UK online and their basics are so nice!  What was your must have fashion item this summer?
A- I was obsessed with crop tops this summer and denim cut offs. Who wasn't?! In particular a white pair of shorts from River Island!

Q- I have to say, having been with you at so many parties this summer, you were looking very trendy!! Have you seen a trend for Autumn and Winter 2014 that you think will be your kind of thing?
A- I think I'll be wearing a lot of khaki come the cooler months. I tend to find colder colours, like browns and blues suit me more and are more wearable colours during these seasons. 

Q- Very nice! you suit that colour so well. What is your go to outfit when you want to be really comfortable?
A- When I want to be comfortable I always throw on my black jeans, a black vest top and then whatever jacket or coat suits the weather, usually my green Topshop parka.

Q- Sounds comfortable but also stylish. Do you have any recent beauty discoveries you want to share with my readers?
A- I've really enjoyed using the Rimmel 25 Hour foundation. It literally does what it says on the tin! It has survived long hot days and nights out until the early morning. It just doesn't budge. It's also really affordable which is always a big plus when you're a student. 

Q- Whats your cheapest makeup item and what is your most expensive makeup item? 
A- My cheapest item of makeup is probably a Rimmel eyeliner and my most expensive makeup item is my favourite, 'Twig' lipstick by Mac.

Q- MAC is amazing, I think you would really like 'Whirl' lip liner by MAC, a very you shade. Do you have any high end makeup items (including MAC) on your current wishlist? 
A- Sounds good, I really want to try Benefit's Watts Up highlighter. I love a good highlighter, and bronzer, they both really wake up the skin. 

Q- Very true, they add dimension back into the face after foundation and powder have been applied. My last question is, who are your style inspirations?
A- Rosie Huntington Whitely. Effortless, classic and chic. Her style is timeless perfection. Kendall Jenner and Blake Lively are also up there.


Thank you so much to Ruby for taking part in my style profile. She is a stunning girl with amazing style so hopefully you can all take some tips from her answers to my questions. Again this was so much fun to create and these posts are definitely some of my favourite to make. If anyone would like to take part or be interviewed for my blog, please inbox me on Facebook or see my 'contact' page on the blog for how to get hold of me. Also if anyone has any good suggestions of questions you would like me to ask people about their style, I would love to hear them. Thank you so much again everyone, the support behind this blog is amazing. See you Wednesday. X
 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment